We help Austin homeowners outfit their beautiful windows with the highest quality window treatments. Whether you’re moving into a new home or giving your space a refresh — the products we suggest for your space must check all of your boxes in terms of design, functionality, and light control. If it has been a while since you’ve addressed your shades or blinds, here are a few signs that it’s time to replace window treatments in your home.
At the end of 2018, the Window Covering Manufacturers Association worked with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to develop a new industry standard, which requires most window covering products sold in the United States and Canada to be cordless or have inaccessible or short cords.
If you’re still wrestling with unnecessarily long cords or simply find your window treatments difficult to operate — it’s time to make the switch! Hunter Douglas window treatments all feature cordless models that are operable by either a straightforward rod or automated via a remote or smartphone. These new models are both easier to use and safer for your children and pets!
Just like the fashion industry, trends evolve in the window treatment world! The plaid fabric you opted for in 2002 may not appeal to your design sensibility in 2019. As you upgrade your furniture and accent decor, consider showing your windows some love as well!
People often discount the effect new window treatments can have on the overall look of their home. Our team loves bright spaces that are flooded with natural light by day, but have solutions in place to allow for privacy and light control in the evening.
Check out this transformation after a window treatment upgrade with Michelle Thomas Design!
You may be ready to repair your window treatment, only to learn it is the result of normal wear and tear and thereby not covered by warranty… or that the product has been discontinued and the necessary part is no longer available. Depending on the extent of the damage, it may be time to invest in new window treatments. If you feel it is a simple fix — we are an Authorized Service Center (ASC) for all Hunter Douglas products and are happy to assist you! Please submit a Repair Form here.
If you are the owner of Hunter Douglas products, the Lifetime Limited Warranty covers all of the below:
- Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
- All internal mechanisms.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
The following is not covered by your Hunter Douglas Lifetime Limited Warranty:
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.
If it’s time to replace window treatments in a single room or throughout your home, reach out to schedule your design consultation with us!